Sagrin's Rating For North Texas

UNT_playmaker

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

We are between Towson and Charleston Southern.

Utah State #132

Eastern Kentucky #174

Western Kentucky # 123

Elon # 102

Gardner-Webb #186

This team's offensive coordinator used to coach here. His team out there is also bad. But, they've outscored us this year 149-135. They almost upset Fresno State this weekend, too. How many of our games have come down to a field goal this year?

Funny, isn't it? Part of the reason Utah State's OC was run out of here was the poor offensive production. And, yet, there they are scoring more than us even though we have an "offensive genius" as his replacement.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

This team's offensive coordinator used to coach here. His team out there is also bad. But, they've outscored us this year 149-135. They almost upset Fresno State this weekend, too. How many of our games have come down to a field goal this year?

Funny, isn't it? Part of the reason Utah State's OC was run out of here was the poor offensive production. And, yet, there they are scoring more than us even though we have an "offensive genius" as his replacement.

He-who-shall-not-be-named runs a ball control offense, which is less prone to turnovers. Two stats I'd like to see is who has the most all purpose yards and turn-over margin.

He-who-shall-not-be-named runs a ball control offense, which is less prone to turnovers. Two stats I'd like to see is who has the most all purpose yards and turn-over margin.

I think that the ball control does matter when comparing a run vs. a pass heavy offense... But when it comes to points scored, the bias would acutally favor Dodge. If you look at it in terms of points scored per possession, things look even worse for Dodge.

Fun homework assignment for anyone who's curious:

When Dickey ran an unacceptably low scoring offense, how many points per game did we average the year he was fired?

How many points per game are we averaging under year two of Dodgeball?

For anyone who doesn't like to do the math... The answers are just 4 points apart!

I think it's more productive to look forward rather than backward. I'm of the opinion that keeping the old guard around would have been even more detrimental to the program than our current situation. Instead, I'll keep hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel in future incarnations of this program.

DUE TO RECENT BUDGET CUTS, AND THE

RISING COST OF ELECTRICITY, GAS AND OIL,

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

DUE TO RECENT BUDGET CUTS, AND THE

RISING COST OF ELECTRICITY, GAS AND OIL,

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

I was thinking more along the lines that we may want to go light bulb shopping. Perhaps next time we could upgrade our shopping to a legitimate hardware store instead of Dollar General.

I certainly did not mind seeing DD go because his last two years just seemed so out of wack on the playing field. It just was not working. I also never thought we would seriously go after a HS coach and let him bring in an all HS coaching staff. All I can say is I truly feel bad for all of our kids on the team because they seriously do not deserve any of this. Everything about this FB program from top to bottom is really really messed up and I don't think people realize how bad a shape we are really in. I think people are just holding on to the fact that alot of our guys our young and they will play and look much better next year. I am just not buying into that yet because this problem is coaching.

I think that the ball control does matter when comparing a run vs. a pass heavy offense... But when it comes to points scored, the bias would acutally favor Dodge. If you look at it in terms of points scored per possession, things look even worse for Dodge.

Fun homework assignment for anyone who's curious:

When Dickey ran an unacceptably low scoring offense, how many points per game did we average the year he was fired?

How many points per game are we averaging under year two of Dodgeball?

For anyone who doesn't like to do the math... The answers are just 4 points apart!

Oh! Oh! (hand raised) Me! Me! I know the answer to that one!

16.87 this year.

12.83 in Dickey's last season.

More numbers:

North Texas is on track to allow more points in Dodge's two seasons than UNT allowed in Dickey's last three seasons: 941 points allowed so far in 20 Dodge games, 1008 points allowed in the final 35 games under Dickey.

UNT is losing this year by an average of 33.13 points per game. The most points North Texas has averaged scoring in a single Division I-A season is 31.6 in 1969. In other words, North Texas' very best I-A single-season scoring average is lower than this year's average margin of defeat.