Unt Defense

Dodge2007

Everyone is pumped to see how Meager and Dodge do in their first game together.

I am very curious to see how Coach Mendoza calls his VERY FIRST COLLEGIATE GAME. That is as big a story as anything else.

With the running game and depth at RB that OU has, it will be ver interesting to see how Coach Mendoza counters.

OU is a long way from playing Euless Trinity and Austin Weslake.

Everyone is pumped to see how Meager and Dodge do in their first game together.

I am very curious to see how Coach Mendoza calls his VERY FIRST COLLEGIATE GAME. That is as big a story as anything else.

With the running game and depth at RB that OU has, it will be ver interesting to see how Coach Mendoza counters.

OU is a long way from playing Euless Trinity and Austin Weslake.

There are so many unknowns with much of this coaching staff because of the jump. The differences are huge across the board. Frankly, I am shocked that anyone would pick us to win, even being the homers that we are.

That is exactly my question. I expect the offense to take a while to gel, but a good defense will keep us in games. With OU starting a rookie QB, and our defense having some experience, we might have a good shot at holding the score down. I said MIGHT.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OU !!!!!!!!!!!

That is exactly my question. I expect the offense to take a while to gel, but a good defense will keep us in games. With OU starting a rookie QB, and our defense having some experience, we might have a good shot at holding the score down. I said MIGHT.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OU !!!!!!!!!!!

Colt McCoy was a rookie qb when we played UT last year.

If our defense plays really well, we might be able to stabilize the amount of big plays and scoring opportunities to a mangeable degree of efficiency. If we cannot increase the opportunistic areas of the game to manage their big play offense, we may find ourselves on the bad end of a lopsided scoreboard. Cliche thinks that stopping the run will be key, because that will open up the pass. Onw thing to consider is that the play action pass can freeze our defense some if they are running the ball and that leaves their receivers open. The tight end can also work underneath easier. Sexy. I think that blitzing is a risk/reward proposition and that if we can confuse them with guys coming all over the place, we can make them hold the ball longer or rush them into bad decisions. Somesuch, the defensive line cannot get pushed around if we are going to create quarterback sacks in the backfield by the running back. Zone read. I hope our boys stay at home. Dodge coaches good. I love scouting.

I agree that watching the first game called on the college level will be interesting, but I'm not really sure how many actual in-game calls will affect the overall game. However, the bigger effect will be overall scheme put in place last and this week. I interested in seeing the overall plan of attack for slowing OU down. Will it be run blitzes and make the QB beat you, multiple fronts to confuse blocking, different coverage schemes to confuse a young QB and most important - adjustments. Even with that being said, on defense it comes down to players making plays and whooping the man across from him.

....and the night before the game our coach joked to an alumni gathering that Dr. B. should keep in mind that we are getting a 1/2 mil for the game when she looks up at the scoreboard at the end of the game.

This attitude from our old coaching staff compared to the new coaching staff is such a breath of fresh air. I am so excited to see us play with a new attitude that it really won't bother me too much if we get blown out, because I know this is going to take time.

....and the night before the game our coach joked to an alumni gathering that Dr. B. should keep in mind that we are getting a 1/2 mil for the game when she looks up at the scoreboard at the end of the game.

I didn't laugh at the joke.

I think it took uT all of 2 minutes to score on us last year. oU will likewise try to score quick to take away our will. The longer the game is close the more confidence it gives our players (and coaches and fans) to hang with them.

I didn't laugh at the joke.

Me either. I didn't know you were there or I would have said hello. Better late than never, "Hello."

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!